Close Menu
UAE NEWS TODAY
    What's New

    From Dubai to Doha: How Aesthetic Medicine Training Is Expanding Across the Gulf

    August 19, 2026

    Mediclinic Middle East recognised by SRC as Network of Excellence in Endoscopy

    August 19, 2026

    DIB launches its first youth council to develop the next generation of talent

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    UAE NEWS TODAYUAE NEWS TODAY
    • Home
    • UAE
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    UAE NEWS TODAY
    Home»Sports»Chelsea sign Argentina’s Barco from Strasbourg until 2033
    Sports

    Chelsea sign Argentina’s Barco from Strasbourg until 2033

    Editorial teamBy Editorial teamAugust 4, 2026
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Chelsea have signed Argentina international Valentin Barco from Ligue 1 side Strasbourg on a seven-year contract, the Premier League club said on Sunday.

    Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.

    The 22-year-old midfielder was part of the Argentina squad that lost 1-0 to Spain in last month’s World Cup final. He spent last season at Strasbourg after the French club made his loan move from Premier League side Brighton Hove Albion permanent.

    “Chelsea FC is pleased to confirm the signing of Argentinian international Valentin Barco from RC Strasbourg,” the club said in a statement.

    “The versatile midfielder has signed a contract until 2033 and will join up with manager Xabi Alonso and his new team mates later in pre-season.”

    Barco scored three goals and provided 11 assists in 58 appearances for Strasbourg in all competitions.

    The Argentine, who has won five caps and scored twice for his country, began his career at Boca Juniors before joining Brighton in 2024.

    Chelsea have strengthened their squad ahead of the new season with the signings of playmaker Morgan Rogers from Aston Villa, defender Maxence Lacroix from Crystal Palace, Atalanta’s Marco Palestra and striker Danny Welbeck from Brighton.

    Alonso’s side, who finished 10th in the Premier League last season, begin the new campaign at Fulham on August ​24.


    Source: Khaleej Times

    Previous ArticleFrom specialised care to community-centered support: Abu Dhabi redefines access to mental health services
    Next Article 5 wealthy celebrities who still live modestly despite their massive fortunes

    Related Posts

    Gaelic Football makes debut at Emirates Dubai 7s this year

    August 19, 2026

    Ombudsman chasing rare Juddmonte International double

    August 19, 2026

    Rodri ends glittering Man City spell with move to Barca

    August 19, 2026
    Top Posts

    UAE strengthens lead on day two of UAE National Jiu-Jitsu Championship

    June 13, 2026

    UAE Team Emirates-XRG targets victory at Copenhagen Sprint with Sprinter Leading Squad

    June 12, 2026

    Saeed Al Hajeri reaffirms UAE’s commitment to strengthening partnership with New Zealand

    June 12, 2026

    ECSSR Director-General meets Vice Minister of International Department of CPC Central Committee

    June 13, 2026
    Don't Miss

    From Dubai to Doha: How Aesthetic Medicine Training Is Expanding Across the Gulf

    Lifestyle August 19, 2026

    Aesthetic medicine in the Gulf is entering a more mature phase. After years of rapid…

    Mediclinic Middle East recognised by SRC as Network of Excellence in Endoscopy

    August 19, 2026

    DIB launches its first youth council to develop the next generation of talent

    August 19, 2026

    Madonna and Taylor Swift lead the 2026 MTV VMA nominations ahead of the ceremony

    August 19, 2026
    2026. All rights reserved.
    • UAE
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.